Ads

Saturday, 5 September 2015

Cupcakes


In today's post, I am going to show you how I made these delicious cupcakes! These ones are just plain cupcakes with normal icing or butter icing on top. They are really easy to make and you can make them look really pretty with the decorations too! This recipe makes from 10-15 buns depending on what bun cases you have. The cases that I have used are quite large, so I was able to make 12.  I really love baking and I think that these simple cupcakes are really good to make as it doesn't take long! You will need a few things to make these cupcakes, but the main things that you need are; a mixing bowl, wooden spoon, scales and an icing tube.


Ingredients:

125g sugar
125g butter
125g self raising flour
2 eggs

60g butter
Icing Sugar
Decorations (Sprinkles, flowers, glitter)


The first thing that you need to do is set your oven to 150...


The next step is to weigh out your sugar and flour (125g each) and put them into a mixing bowl. Then you mix them together until the sugar cant be seen. Everyone seems to make cupcakes differently, some will mix other ingredients together first but this is the way that has always worked for me. 




Then, you weigh out the butter (125g) and add this to your mixture. The next step is to mix it all together and make sure it becomes a smooth mixture. I just use a wooden spoon to mix my mixture but you could also use an electric whisk or whatever suits you.


Next, you add your two eggs. You will then need to mix it all together until it becomes a smooth mixture. Make sure that there are no lumps of butter still in the mixture and that everything it mixed in.


You will then need to put the mixture into the bun cases. Make sure that you try and separate the mixture as equally as you can so that the buns rise to the same height. I was able to make 12 buns using these large cases but you may be able to make more, depending on what bun cases you decide to use. 


The final stage of preparing the buns are to put them into the oven. I usually put them on the bottom shelf as they tend to rise a lot better. You will need to leave them in the oven until they are golden brown. To check if your buns are ready, I put a knife in the middle of a bun, and if the knife comes out clean, the buns are ready. The buns will take from 12-15 minutes to bake but keep checking on them every 5 minutes to see how they are doing. 


Once the buns are ready, take them out of the oven and leave them to cool. These buns took about 20 minutes to cool down, once they did, I begun to make the icing. I decided to decorate my buns in a variety of ways as I wanted to try out different options. The majority of the buns were topped with plain white icing but three of the buns with topped with butter icing. 


To make the butter icing you will need butter and icing sugar, I used 60g of butter and about 130g of icing sugar to make enough butter icing for three of my buns. Once I had weighed out the butter, I put in into a mixing bowl and continued to mix it until it was creamy. I then weighed out my icing sugar and added the icing sugar in three stages. Once the mixture was creamy and smooth, I then put it into my icing tube and decorated three of my cakes. 



I then moved onto decorating the rest of the cupcakes. I don't tend to use a specific amount of icing sugar, as I put some into a small mixing bowl, add water until the icing is the right consistency and decorate the buns that I can with the amount I have got. I will then make some more if I need any. I just find this the easiest way to do it as I don't waste any icing. I topped the cupcakes with the white icing and then added some decorations to them. I used sprinkles, flowers and pink glitter.  




These were the final outcomes from baking! These cupcakes are really easy to make and taste really nice too! The thing that I also love about this recipe, is that you can adapt it in any way you want to make the kind of cakes that you enjoy the most. I hope you enjoyed reading this post and I will be posting again on Tuesday with a new beauty post...

Kellie xx













SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kellie Nee. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig