Ads

Saturday, 31 October 2015

Halloween Cupcakes!

Recipe: Halloween Cupcakes!

This week is Halloween week so I thought that it was the perfect opportunity to make some cupcakes and decorate them to link with Halloween! I love looking on Pinterest to get some inspiration for baking! I have decided to make plain cupcakes but I have created two different types of decorations for the topping! I have tried to make the recipe as simple as I can so that its easy for everyone to do! In this post, I have done a step by step recipe but the decorations are the main focus of the post! If you want to see a more detailed recipe for the bun making, check this post...Cupcakes!

Ingredients:

125g Sugar
125g Butter
125g Self Raising Flour
2 Eggs
Orange and Black food colouring





Making the Cupcakes...

The first thing that you need to do is pre-heat your oven to 150...

The next step is to weigh out your sugar and flour and mix them together!



Next, weigh out your butter and add this to the mixture. Mix well until the mixture is nice and smooth!

Then, add the eggs to the mixture, one by one! Mix well and make sure that there are no lumps of butter.

Once the mixture is done, I decided to split the mixture into two. I then added orange food colouring to one and black food colouring to the other. Mix this in well.



The next step is adding the mixture to the cases! I added the orange mixture first, then added some black mixture to the center. Add an even amount of the mixture to each case so that they are all a similar size once they're done! I bought some Halloween themed cases too!




Now you can put them into the oven! These buns usually take around 15-20 minutes to bake, make sure that they are fully cooked before taking them out!

The final step is to leave the buns to cool and move onto preparing the icing for the decorations!

Making the decorations...

Ingredients:

75g Butter
175g Icing Sugar
Ready to roll icing

To make the butter icing, add the butter and icing sugar to a bowl. Then mix for a few minutes until the mixture is creamy and smooth.

Then add orange food colouring to the mixture.

Once the mixture is done, add it to the piping bag or icing tube and add the butter icing to some of your buns! I decided to use this icing for three of my cupcakes.



I then used some black and white ready to roll icing and made some decorations for the top of them!

Ingrediants:

Icing Sugar
Ready to roll icing
Orange food colouring

For the rest of the buns, I decided to make some icing with the icing sugar. I never measure how much I use for this icing as I do it as I go along! Once I had mixed the icing sugar and water together, I added some orange food colouring. Once the icing is smooth, cover the rest of the buns!

To finish, I used the black ready to roll icing to make some pumpkin faces!




I hope you enjoyed reading this post! I enjoy making cupcakes for specific events as I really like decorating them in different ways! I love seeing all different Halloween cupcakes on Pinterest too!

Kellie xx








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kellie Nee. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig