Ads

Friday, 26 August 2016

Going Cruelty Free With Makeup...

Today's post is one that I have wanting to write for a while now and I'm so happy to be uploading this...


I am going cruelty free with my makeup and I couldn't be happier! It's something that I have wanted to do for a really long time now and I'm glad that I finally sat down and did all my research! I have chosen to go cruelty free with my makeup because I have a big love for all animals and I think animal cruelty is unacceptable! I wanted to make this change to promote and raise awareness and do all that I can to try and stop animal testing...

I honestly didn't realise how many brands were still testing on animals and it makes me so so sad that a lot of the popular brands still do! Although some brands may tell you that they are cruelty free, thats not always the story...Because of some laws in other countries, that say we have to test on animals rather than humans, some brands say that this part of the process is out of their control. But a lot of brands have found other ways around this so no animals are harmed, so why can't all brands follow this? I know it can be difficult but I just hope that one day, no animals will be harmed to create any product!

I have spent so many hours researching this topic and it was so interesting to find everything out. I managed to find lots of helpful websites and blogs to read and I now know which brands are cruelty free! It was upsetting to see that I was using a lot of brands that still test on animals, but now I know and I won't be buying from them anymore!





I have recently got rid of a LOT of makeup and I now have lots of room for cruelty free products! But...I also had a lot of products from brands that are cruelty free, so that was a bonus! A lot of people don't agree with testing on animals, but they don't actually want to make any change. So, why not do it in small steps and build it up over time? I have a few products that cost me a lot of money to buy, and I personally can't afford to throw away money so easily. So I have kept a very small amount of products and I am going to use them up and never re-purchase them again! And, this is what you can do too! This way, you're not losing out on a lot of money and you're more likely to make the change too! You could also do it brand by brand...Step 1 is to pick a brand that isn't cruelty free, and stop buying from them! You can slowly build up this process brand by brand until all you buy from is 100% cruelty free! 

Nobody's perfect, but I am trying to do everything I can and make changes in my lifestyle to help the world around me! I'm not trying to cause any negativity to brands that do still test on animals or to people that do still buy from these brands, but I'm trying to persuade people in the right direction! I am no longer going to be buying from makeup brands that test on animals, as for me personally, its unfair for me to use and love a product even though and animal has had to suffer for it :(


If you have decided to make any changes with your makeup, small or big, then please let me know in the comments. The more people that come on this journey with me the better! Also...if you are already 100% cruelty free with your makeup (round of applause for you) then please leave me any tips and advice in the comments too, I would appreciate it so so much! 

Here's a list of a few makeup brands that are cruelty free, there are 100s and 100s but these are a few of my favourite...

Anastasia Beverly Hills            Nars
Too Faced                            Makeup Geek
NYX                                    Soap + Glory
Barry M                                Tarte
Sleek                                     Urban Decay
Hourglass                               Real Techniques
Collection                               BH Cosmetics
Tanya Burr Cosmetics             Zoella Beauty

I have left a few links at the bottom of this post for you to go and ckeck out! You can read all about cruelty free makeup and animals testing, and also find out if the brands you use are cruelty free or not! There is also a pledge for you to sign to stop animal testing, please sign, it only takes a minute and would mean the world!

I hope you enjoyed reading today's post and I will be back again very soon...Kellie xx



Links:

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kellie Nee. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig