Ads

Saturday, 6 August 2016

Me Before You...


"You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible."


Today's post is purely dedicated to the film and book called Me Before You! I thought that I would do a blog post all about these as it is something that I would highly recommend and plus, I've never done anything like this before so I thought it would be good!


I'm not going to give any major spoilers in this post as I know how annoying that can be, so you don't have to worry about that!

First of all, I'm going to give you a few words on what it's about, just in case you didn't know!

Louisa Clarke finds herself with a new job taking care of Will Traynor, who is paralyzed from the waist down after an accident a few years ago. Louisa is a happy and quirky character but her cheerful attitude is put to the test by Will. Louisa tries to show Will that life is worth living no matter what, but will she change Wills mind before its too late?

Okay...I'm no film critic and writer but that's the best I can do!

Image taken from Pinterest

I'm going to start with the film as this is what I saw first before reading the book. I honestly fell in love with the film within the first 10 minutes of it and my love for it just got bigger and bigger! I really love the character Louisa Clarke who is the main girl played by Emilia Clarke. I just love how bubbly and happy she is and I think that she is a character that everyone will just love and connect with! I also really loved Sam Claflin playing the main guy Will Traynor too. I thought that he did such an amazing job and I also connected with this character so much when watching the film! The whole story-line is something different to your usual romantic film and I think something like this film was long overdue. I really loved all of the messages that this film gave and I love it when I can take so much away from a film.



The main message that I think I took from this was always live life to the fullest and don't be afraid of a little adventure! Hopefully that will make sense to any of you who have seen the film. I also just wanted to quickly mention the character Nathan who was played by one of my favourites Stephen Peacocke. I love Home and Away and he is one of the iconic actors in that so I was super happy when I found out he was involved in this film too! Overall, this is one of the best films that I have watched in a long time and I will defiantly be buying this when it comes out on dvd. It's a great film for a night in and a film that I think a lot of people have just fallen in love with!


Now onto the book...I read this on my recent holiday and was looking forward to it so much as I heard great things! The book 100% didn't disappoint and I loved that I had watched the film first as I could visualise the characters and setting. The book also gives you that little bit more because it could describe to us the thoughts and feelings of the characters in different scenes. I really loved sitting by the pool reading this and I got through it very quickly because I was so hooked! If you have seen the film, then please read the book as you will love it just as much! And if you're not really a film person, then at least you have the book to turn to without missing out on an amazing story! Sometimes I feel like you can read a book once and then that's it, but this book is one that I know I will go back to as it's such a lovely read and sends you through all kinds of emotions too!

I hope you enjoyed reading today's post and I also hope it has inspired you to check out the book or film of Me Before You (that's if you haven't done that all ready of course)...

I will see you again very soon and remember...Push yourself. Don't settle. Just live well. Just live.

Kellie xx



Buy the book here...
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kellie Nee. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig