Ads

Sunday, 1 January 2017

What 2016 Has Taught Me...

So that's another year over and done with and boy has this one gone fast! I feel like I've blinked and its flown past me but I also feel like I've done so much...makes sense right? For today's post, I just wanted to write up a little something to close off 2016 and tell you how I'm feeling about 2017 and what I'm wanting to achieve.


2016 has definitely been full of highs and lows for me. But I'm going to keep this post as positive as I can! I feel like this year has been the year that I have made a big change within myself and I feel so much happier! This year I've finally started to not care about what other people think and finally make choices for me. I wouldn't say that I'm 100% there yet but I've made a lot of progress this year. Starting to make decisions for you is so so important and I've slowly started to realise how much of a difference this can make. It's so easy to get caught up in doing things because everyone else is and it's what you think people would like. You should do things for you and only you and if it makes you happy then you should do it!

Over this year I've finally got to grips with the fact that if I want to do it then I should and if the people around me won't support me, then are they really your true friends? I have been so so lucky to have a lot of people around me who support what I want to do and are happy for me. A lot of people can see that I'm so much happier now than I used to be and I'm so glad that things have changed.


Instead of sitting around and thinking about everything that used to upset me, I got up and did something about it. I'm not going to go into detail of course but let's just say that 2016 has been a big progression year for me and I finally started to focus on myself a lot more...it took me long enough!


I've had so many amazing moments in 2016, a lot of them have been with friends and family! One of my favourite nights this year was seeing Ellie Goulding. I was at the very front and I loved every moment of it. I find her so inspirational and I loved every song. That's a night that I will always remember and one of the best things about 2016 for me. I also really loved my two trips to Brighton this year. I found my happy place and that's got to be one of the best feelings in the world. Me, Alice and Nia created some amazing memories there and I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life. I was able to get away for a few days and explore somewhere new. I just love it there.

This year has also been quite big for me as I have started getting into my blog so much more and I also started a YouTube channel. I absolutely adore my blog and I love writing for it. My readers are slowly building up and I am so grateful for every single one of you so thank you! The fact that people sit and read my blog still blows my mind so thank you for making 2016 amazing for me and my little blog! Starting my channel was something that I had wanted to do for over a year so actually choosing to do it was so scary. I'm so glad that I pushed passed that first hurdle because I am so happy with creating videos every week. Even though my two platforms are still very small, I have got to do some amazing things already and meet some great people. This could be in person or over Twitter, either way I love it!


So 2016 has been a bit of a whirl wind for me as I've experienced so much but I'm so glad to say that I'm a lot happier now than I was a year ago! If you're going through a hard time, trust me, it gets better. I do have some resolutions and aims for 2017 just like everyone does! I want to carry on focusing on me and making descions becase I want to! I really want to work a lot harder on my blog and channel too as I have so many ideas for this year. I am so excited about my platforms recently and I love being creative!

Even though this isn't the most original resolution, but I do want to improve my fitness a lot! I do go to the gym now but I want to up my game a lot more this year. I know that this will help my confidence and happiness so it's an important thing to me for sure. I also feel like the gym is a great stress reliever which is another thing that helps me and I seem to over think everything!

If any of you have any New Years resolutions then please let me know as I would love to hear them. I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you for all the support in 2016. It means more than you could ever imagine! I hope you all had an amazing New Years....I will be back very soon with another post!

Kellie xx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kellie Nee. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig