Ads

Wednesday, 15 March 2017

My Current Skincare Routine!

Today I wanted to share with you my current skincare routine as I finally feel like I'm happy with all the products that I'm using! These products are all affordable and easy to get hold of so I think a lot of you will find this post useful! I am going to be discussing my everyday skincare products and also a few products that I use a few times a week. Today I'm only going to be showing you the products that I use on my face but there will be another post coming very soon showing you some more skincare products that I love! 

A few years ago, the only skincare product that I would use were face wipes and that's it! But ever since I started watching YouTube videos and reading blog posts...I now understand how important it is to look after your skin! Over the past few years I have tested out loads of products to see which ones work for me and also introduced new types of products into my routine as well. If you have never used anything before, then it can be quite a big thing setting up a skincare routine! What is a toner? Should I use moisturiser if I have oily skin? Are makeup wipes bad for your skin? All of these questions are normal! If you are unsure about anything, watch some YouTube videos or read some blog posts...trust me it will help out so much more than you think! Hopefully I will also be able to give you a few tips in today's post too!


Everday Skincare:

1. The biggest skincare craze!



The first step in my routine is probably one of my favourites! This type of product has been massive over the past year and I know it has made such a difference to a lot of people's skin! Micellar water is something that you've all heard of I'm sure! I personally use the Simple one as it's really affordable and works well for my skin. It's a really great size and I know it will last me ages! I use this product on a cotton pad to remove my makeup or just to make my skin feel a lot fresher! I also love to use the Simple Eye Makeup Remover for my eyes too as this is designed to be gentle and kind to eyes! If you have never used Micellar water before and only use a face wipe...you need to take the test! Use your usual face wipe and then afterwards try out some Micellar water, you will see how much makeup is still left on your skin! 

2. Shower Time

I like to use some of my products while I'm in the shower because I feel like it's so much easier and I know I won't forget to do it. The face wash that I have always used and always gone back to is the Simple Kind To Skin Face Wash. I promise you this post isn't sponsored by Simple! This Face Wash leaves my skin feeling amazing and I just feel like my skin is as clean as it can be! I have used other face wash before but I will always go back to this one as it works well with my skin. I also use my cleanser in the shower too and I have recently found one that I love! I have used quite a few different cleansers but I wasn't obsessed with any of them in particular! But I have been loving using the Nip + Fab Glycolic Cleanser! It feels like I'm using a professional product and again...leaves my skin feeling amazing! This product isn't as affordable as Simple but isn't high end price...so it's the perfect in-between product.


3. Looking after your skin

Once I'm out the shower, I then use three products to finish off my everyday routine. I start with a toner and this is a product that is new to my routine because if I'm honest...I never knew what it did! But using a toner has made a difference to my skin! I love using the Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner. I really love this brand because with every product, they take steps to reduce their impact on the planet! I LOVE this! I will then use an eye cream because I feel like this step really helps me and the skin around your eyes is super sensitive, so it needs looking after. I use the Simple Kind To Eyes Soothing Eye Balm for this and it works a charm. Finally...I use a moisturiser from...go on have a guess...Simple! I love the Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. Since I have quite oily skin, using a lightweight moisturiser is perfect! If you have oily skin too, don't skip moisturising! Its such an important step!


4. Don't forget about the lips.

I tend to get quite dry lips as the weather is constantly changing at the minute and can't make up its mind. So using a product to take care of my lips every sing day is a necessity! Recently, I have been using the Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin.I started using this product because of recommendations and I had seen the brand doing some really amazing work around the world too! This product is working really well for me and keeping my lips soft and healthy! 

5. Going that extra step.

There are also a few products that I will use a few times a week as they are too intense for everyday. Number one is an exfoliator and this helps to get rid of any dry skin cells on the surface and will help give you an all round smoother appearance. I use the Simple Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash and there are also so many other great products out there to choose from! Just see what works the best for you and your skin. Over the past few weeks I have also introduced a new product, the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads. I use these as a toner twice a week and I am really loving it! It's defiantly a skincare product that is a little more intense but I feel like it is working for me. I saw these on In The Frow Evening Routine video so I thought I would give them a try. So far, so good! Finally I wanted to mention the face mask that I use because I love it so much! The Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask is a must have for me. I use this all over the face to give my skin that extra pamper and care that it needs. This makes my skin feel so soft and leaves my appearance looking so much brighter too!


6. Go on...treat yourself!

If your skin has been through a lot recently or just needs that bit of extra love one week, why not treat yourself to a facial? This is defiantly not a must as I know they can be quite costly for a weekly thing, so having just one every so often may work better! I don't get them a lot, but I do like to have them when I know my skin needs it! I never used to understand why I needed to have a facial before, until I finally went for one! It's so relaxing and lets you have a bit of time where you can just sit and do nothing and think about nothing! Plus, it made my skin feel so much healthier and look so much better too. My appearance was so much brighter and clearer and I could notice the difference instantly!


I hope you enjoyed reading today's post! Just remember that everyone's skin is different so your skin may not love what mine does! But having a skincare routine is all about testing different products and finding out what works for you. It isn't something that needs to cost a lot of money...as long as you're taking care of your skin then that's all that matters! Like I said at the start of the post, there will be another skincare post coming soon about more great products!

Kellie Nee


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Wahhh your routine sounds so lovely! I wish I could have a skincare routine but my face is so sensitive, it will only tolerate water. Your blog and photos are so pretty, following you on GFC! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara (P.S we should absolutely follow each other on bloglovin or instagram haha :D xx)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no! I'm sure there will be some products out there that will work for you :) Thank you so so much! Will 100% follow back on bloglovin and Instagram!! Let me know your links or when you've found me so I can follow back xx

      Delete

© Kellie Nee. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig