Ads

Thursday, 30 March 2017

What really matters? Complaining about the little things...


It's so easy to get caught up in your everyday routine and wanting what we see on an everyday basis...We are constantly getting shown celebrities on social media and people buying amazing things or living in amazing places. We complain that we don't have these things and slowly start complaining about all the little things in life. But is that really what's important? Personally, I wanted to get out of this as quickly as I could! I wanted to change my mind set on certain things and start to think about more important issues and realise that what I've got right now is so much more than others in the world. 

Today I wanted to talk to you about everyday things that we often complain about and hopefully get you thinking about your life and putting everything into perspective. Once you change your mind set on certain things, it can make everything just that little bit happier. 





A while ago, I was complaining about not being able to get hold of a product as it was sold out everywhere. It's something that I kept getting annoyed at and then I sat back from my phone after looking for this product and started to think. Why am I getting so frustrated over this? It's only a makeup product? I then took the time to think a lot more about this whole situation of all the little things that I'd been complaining about recently and started to write down my thoughts. There are so many people in this world that have a lot less than I do and still don't complain. Some people struggle to get hold of food and water on a daily basis yet still have a smile on their face. 

I always donate to charity if I can and care about important topics like this...but I never took it that one step further and started thinking about all these little things that I could be changing in my everyday lifestyle. If I stopped complaining about all the little things that really aren't that important, then it would make me a happier person and help me to appreciate everything so much more. I'm not saying that I will never complain about anything ever again, because let's face it...nobody's perfect! But I have changed my mind set on so many things and started to see everyday situations in a different way.


Take some time to think about the things you may have complained about in these past few weeks and ask yourself...is that what really matters? I'm sure that your favourite lipstick running out or not being able to afford two holidays instead of one this year, really isn't first world problems. I promise you that the more you think about these types of things, the more you will put life into perspective and prioritise what's really important. It has made me feel so much happier and really pushed me even further to wanting to make a difference. 

I didn't want to go into too much detail in this post as I know that's when some people may switch off and I really wanted to share my thoughts! I really hope that some of you guys will get involved with this and start thinking about the same kind of things! Making these smaller steps in your everyday lifestyle will make such a difference in the long run and I personally believe that these topics should be talked about! Social media seems to be so over run these days with things that aren't so important and I just wish more and more people would discuss the worlds serious problems! 

Since Comic Relief has just happened I thought that this would be a great post to share with you guys today and I really hope you enjoyed it! If you want to have any more discussions about these types of topics then please let me know on Twitter or in the comments of this post...I would love to hear your thoughts! 

Kellie xx

"Happiness isn't about getting what you want all the time. It's about loving what you have and being grateful for it."




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kellie Nee. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig