Ads

Thursday, 20 July 2017

My Travel Makeup Bag

I'm back!! 

I have returned home after almost 3 months of travelling around Europe. I had the BEST time away but it is nice to be back home.Of course I wanted to jump straight back into blogging because I have so many ideas for my blog and having some time away 100% gave me so much more inspiration and motivation. There will be lots of posts coming your way all about my travels but if you do have any specific requests of what you'd like to see...just let me know! 

Today I wanted to start off with something that I think a lot of you will like, and that's letting you know about what's in my travel makeup bag. This was a post that I had planned to do before I went away but I'm kind of glad that I didn't get it done. I thought that now that I had already been away, I can give you my review of the products fully! Did I regret taking anything? Did the products travel well? How long did they last in the heat? Want to know all these answers, then keep reading!



1. Base

I didn't really want to take a foundation with me as I know they can feel quite heavy on my skin in the sun and it probably would be far too light for me after a few weeks anyway. So, I decided to buy the Simple Kind To Skin Perfecting BB Beauty Balm. This was something I'd always seen online and in the shops, so I thought that I would test it out. I really love this product! It is just one universal shade, so I do think this could be an issue if you don't really tan. But this seemed to be the perfect shade for me all throughout my travels and I have still been using it since I got back. It feels really light on the skin and blends so so well. I think what I liked most about this product is that it could be used to create a really glowy look or you can make it matte too, best of both worlds! I decided to bring a powder with me, as I have quite oily skin. Oily skin and lot's of heat...not a great combination. I decided to take the Seventeen Miracle Matte Pressed Powder. This is a product that I always trust and I tend to use on an everyday basis. I didn't use a lot of this but it really helped to keep my skin to look nice and glowy rather than a greasy mess.



2. Eyes and Eyebrows

These next two products were probably the ones that I couldn't go without and were definitely the priority. Having my eyebrows filled in and at least a bit of mascara on is a must for me before leaving anywhere. For my brows, I decided to take my trusty Barry M Brow Kit. This is a product that I have used and loved for a long time so it was a no brainer really. This always works for me in any heat! Nothing but good things to say about this one! I did pick up another brow product while I was in Paris and I have fallen in love with it...a blog post coming soon! The mascara that I brought with me was my number one favourite...Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara! I fell in love with this product from the beginning so I knew it would be the perfect mascara. This mascara doesn't run at all, even when it's very hot and sweaty. (I know, not the prettiest image, but we all get gross and sweaty). I was a little worried about loosing it, as I would be devastated but it traveled all around Europe with me and is now safe in my makeup drawers again! 



3. Bronzer and Highlighter 

Let's face it, no matter how tanned you are, bronzer is always going to be something that you will need and love! In my travel makeup bag, was NYX Matte Body Bronzer. This is probably one of the best bronzers for me and I really love the quality of the product. The shade is perfect for when I have lighter skin or when my face is tanned. It doesn't give me that muddy look that some bronze'rs do and it's so affordable too! Picking a highlighter to bring with me was the most difficult choice! I have so many beautiful ones, but...in the end I decided to bring the Illuminate By Ashley Tisdale Illuminating Shimmer. This is my favourite highlighter that has quite a bronze tone to it. I thought that this would be the perfect shade for a tan and I was right! I am so happy that I decided to bring this with me, I love it so much! I actually used both of these products to create eye-shadow looks sometimes and it worked perfectly!

4. Lips 

Another hard decision for me...choosing what lipsticks to bring! I have quite a few in my collection so this did take a while to decide! I brought three different shades with me so that I would have a little bit of choice. The first product was the Barry M Matte Me Up Go To Nude. This was a really great nude shade and quite a new product for me. It had a matching lip liner so I decided to bring the two! I really love this product and the shade was perfect for any occasion. I will admit, it did feel a little drying on the hot days but it was manageable! I think when it comes to a nude lipstick we all have so many to choose from! The second lipstick was the Tanya Burr Lipstick Wild Safari. This is such a perfect lipstick for summer. I just think that the shade is beautiful and the formula is to die for. I have raved about these lipsticks so so much and if you'd like to read more about them go over and check out that blog post. The final lip product that I brought was my perfect red shade...Nars Cruella Velvet Matte Lip Pencil! I do think that this product is so beautiful and a really high quality product. I'm so sad to hear that Nars is no longer cruelty free, so I won't be using any of their products anymore. I really think that once a brand is cruelty free, there's no need to go backwards. 

5. Spray 

Of course I had to bring some kind of perfume with me as I wouldn't feel right without it! It will come as no surprise to any of you that I brought my Zoella Sweet Inspirations Body Mist and Zoella Lets Spritz Body Mist. These are my two favourite scents and I couldn't recommend these enough. They smell amazing and are so affordable as well! The packaging is adorable and I don't think I will ever stop buying these. I brought the larger size of Sweet Inspirations and then two of the miniature ones of both scents as well. If you have never seen the miniature sizes before, please go and check them out as they are so perfect for travelling and handbag size! I'm looking forward to testing out her new range that was released recently!



6. Nails 

The final product that was in my travel bag was of course the Barry M Molten Metals Copper-Mine. This is 100% one of my all time favourites. The whole Molten Metal range is so beautiful! I just think that my nails looks so much better in this colour and because it has glitter in it, they just sparkle so beautifully! Of course the Copper shade is my favourite! This nail polish is always my go to and comes everywhere with me! 

That's everything that I brought with me travelling. Overall I was very happy with all the products and they all lasted so well in the heat of some places. When I go away, I never really bring loads and loads of things with me as I don't see much point. I didn't manage to loose anything which was great and I also picked up three new makeup bits in Paris too, a win win! There will definitely be a post coming soon about these products as I am so so happy with them and I just need to tell you all! 

I really hope you enjoyed today's post, it feels so good to be sat down writing again! I also hope you're all happy about me being back too...lots of exciting things coming you way! 

Kellie xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kellie Nee. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig