Ads

Friday, 11 August 2017

5 Things I've Learnt This Year...

Today's post is a little different but one I've wanted to do for a while. Today I am going to be telling you 5 things that I have learnt this year so far! Don't worry, this post won't be me talking about myself! I hope this post will give you guys some tips or advice and hopefully let some of you know that you're not the only one feeling a certain way or thinking certain things...




1. You Are Allowed To Put Yourself First

This is something that I have to constantly remind myself of all the time. People often think that actually spending time to yourself is a bad thing...it's not! If you need to cancel those plans, reschedule or not leave the house one day, then that's completely fine. It may be to do with mental health, problems in your life or just needing time to relax and refuel, then that's what you should be putting first. I sometimes need those days where I sit and do absolutely nothing. Watching films, turning off my phone, and eating whatever. There seems to be a lot going on in my mind and always lots of things that I'm constantly thinking about. If I didn't look after myself every so often, I would go insane! Don't feel bad about putting yourself first, it's what you should do!


2. Friendship Can Be Complicated 

This is 100% a subject that I want to do a full post on in the future but I have learnt a lot about friendship over this year. If they don't make any effort with you and you feel like it's a one way thing, is it really worth it? It's not fair on you to do that to yourself, so don't feel bad by stepping back. Friends can often surprise you with the choices they make or with certain things they say to you, but again, that's ok. People come in and out of your life for a reason...You may learn a lesson from them, learn what not to do or they may stay in your life forever! You don't need to have an endless list of friends to feel like you're getting somewhere in life. All you need is that one or small handful of friends who you know 100% have your best interest at heart. This is something my mum has always said to me and I finally fully understand what she means. If you're in a friendship that is based around negativity and is only one sided, you need to give a second look and choose to walk away. Once you find those few people that really mean a lot to you, you won't even need to make effort to hold onto them, it will all come naturally as friendship can be the best thing in the world.



3. There's So Much More Out There

Since this has been the year that I went travelling around Europe, this is one of the main lessons I've learnt. Of course I have visited other places before but I've never really explored and seen as many places as I have done over the past months. There are so so many beautiful places out there and some of them feel like a whole other world. There are some places that I am dying to see again and some places that I need to visit for the first time. Travelling is such an incredible experience and it opens your eyes to so many new sites. If travelling isn't for you then weekends away, holidays or road-trips can be just as exciting. Seeing something new doesn't have to consist of getting on a plane and flying across the world, it can be a walk away or a car journey to somewhere new. I've never really fully appreciated exploring somewhere new until now! I have now created a bucket list of all the places I'm keen to see and places I would love to see again. There will be a blog post coming next week all about my experience travelling!

4.Trusting Your Instinct 

This one is something that I do a lot more recently and I won't be doubting it as much for sure! You hear people saying 'trust your instinct' all the time, for the majority of the time...do it! There have been quite a few situations recently where I have had some instinct thoughts but ignored them, and in the end, my instinct has always been right. Although you may think that your instinct is just coming from worry or fear, a lot of the time it's your brain kicking in and choosing the decision that is the best for you! I'm not saying that you shouldn't try new things and take adventurous decisions, all I'm saying is that in some situations, your instinct is right and making a feeling for a reason. 




5. The Future Is Looking A Little Clearer

This is one that is making me really happy recently and a little excited. Before I went travelling I didn't really have any clue about what I wanted to do next, where I wanted to live or what my next move would be. Now that I'm back, I finally feel like I know! I haven't made any kind of plan yet or set anything in stone but at least I now have some goals about where I want things to head. I know the location where I could see myself living, my heads a lot clearer about career aspirations and I just feel a lot happier in myself for this. It's completely fine if you are unsure about what you want or where you see your life heading, as it's all about the process and the journey. Something may click one day or you may get away for a while to clear your head, but eventually things will start to come into place. Making decisions now, heading towards my goals is making me super excited and I can't wait to share the next stages of my life with you guys!

So, that's it for today's post! I really hope you enjoyed. I definitely want to write another one of these posts at the end of the year so let me know if that's something you would be interested in. I'll be back again very soon with another post! 

Kellie Nee




SHARE:

8 comments

  1. This is such a great post! I am so glad that the future is looking clearer for you, I'm still a little undecided on mine, but I'm getting there!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy you enjoyed it. Me too, it seems to have taken long enough haha! That's ok...You will get there eventually :) Kellie xx

      Delete
  2. I love this post kel! So positive and such a pleasure to read, so happy for you & can't wait to see what the future brings you (all good things ofc) 💗🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you loved it! Thank you so much, that means a lot ☺️💜

      Delete
  3. I can relate to your point about friendship. Except, I learnt that it can be complicated last year.

    I like this style of post!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you could relate to this post! Really happy you liked it ☺️
      Kellie xx

      Delete
  4. I loved this post! It's such a nice idea every now and then to just step back and look at how much you've grown!! I might steal this post idea from you towards the end of the year! hehe (I'll obviously give you credit!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is a good idea for sure. That's not a problem at all, I look forward to reading it! Kellie xx

      Delete

© Kellie Nee. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig